First, the main causes of psychological barriers in primary school students
The psychological problems of primary school students, both self-growth factors and external environmental factors, are the result of the combined effects of “internal factors” and “external causes”. There are mainly the following reasons:
- The imbalance between physical and mental growth.
The physical development of pupils changed dramatically during elementary school. They were experienced, lack of knowledge and experience, and their knowledge, understanding, thinking, and affection were far behind adults. This imbalance between physiological development and psychological development causes many confusion, troubles, and restlessness in primary school students, which causes psychological problems.
- Misunderstandings in family education.
Excessive love and high expectations make family education generally have a tendency to ignore social education such as moral development, personality education, practical ability, and social responsibility. Parents only pay attention to their children’s examinations and further studies, but they do not pay attention to children’s moral development, communication skills, personality training and the cultivation of social behavior norms. When the high expectations of parents are inconsistent with the children’s own needs, they always impose their own wishes on the child’s wishful thinking, which will make the teenager feel depressed and dissatisfied, causing doubts, depression and other psychological problems for the child, resulting in high scores, low energy or psychological imperfections. .
- Misunderstandings in school education.
Some schools and teachers have to work hard to make every effort to pursue the rate of enrollment and create a brand-name effect. Achievements have become the only criterion for evaluating students’ ability. Students’ emotional distress cannot be told to teachers and parents in a timely manner, which will cause psychological stress. Form a psychological barrier. The development of mental health education in primary schools is very uneven in different regions. In particular, there are also disadvantages such as discipline, medicalization, one-sidedness, formalization, and isolation.
- The impact of the social environment.
School education shows positive education to students, and today’s various trends of thought impact our society, and the purely educational content and the complex social life form a strong contrast, causing students to fall into a situation where they have no reference and no attachment. Students The confusion of thoughts and the fluctuation of emotions are also one of the reasons for the formation of psychological barriers.
Second, the ways and methods of mental health education for primary school students
- Open a mental health education class. Primary school students’ health psychological counseling classes are mostly taught in classes and are taught to all primary school students. The main purpose of teaching counseling is not systematic teaching of subject knowledge, but prevention of mental illness, promotion of the formation and development of primary school students’ health psychology, and overall improvement of psychological quality. Primary school students’ mental health education class should pay special attention to the participation and activity of primary school students, and embody the leading role of teachers and the primary consciousness of primary school students in participation and activities.
- Combined with the team meeting and extracurricular activities. In the process of class management, teachers fully contact primary school students, and through deep talk and communication, deepen the colorful inner world of primary school students, understand their inner experiences and troubles; grasp the psychological problems and behavioral tendencies that primary school students may have in different situations, Sexually carry out the theme class team meeting. At the same time, carry out colorful and lively extracurricular activities, such as theme class meetings, lectures, story meetings, poetry reading sessions, subject interest group activities, Young Pioneers activities and various forms of cultural and sports activities, timely adjustment and counseling for students’ mental health. , develop good psychological quality and behavioral habits.
- Establish a psychological counseling room for case education. The counseling room is staffed by a full-time teacher and is certified to work. The environmental arrangement of the counseling room should meet the requirements of psychological counseling and the characteristics suitable for children. Long-term follow-up research should be done on the subjects of counseling, and records should be made to make the information obtained as detailed as possible. At the same time, students should be taught some simple methods of self-mental health education. Such as: learning to relax, let the primary school students know that tension is a normal psychological reaction, can be adjusted by imagination, divert attention, adjust breathing, listening to music, physical exercise, etc.; learn to talk. Let the primary school students know that there are problems to learn to ask for help, find teachers, elders, relatives and friends to talk, find someone to talk to, or write the diary to describe the trajectory of the mind in words; learn to change behavior, guide primary school students to distinguish good behaviors in understanding and Bad behavior, purposeful and planned training of bad behaviors, shaping and achieving good behaviors and strengthening.
In short, primary school students’ mental health education is not only an important part of quality education but also an important way of quality education. It is the foundational project in the overall structure of quality education. It can be said that without a healthy mind, all forms of quality education are impossible to talk about.